Tuesday, April 29, 2008

As Things Wind Down

The end of the semester is in sight. A short sprint to the finish line. The evening before Christmas. Readying to touch down after that long flight. One last all-nighter...

Speaking of all-nighters.

So last Sunday John and I had a CS project due at midnight (soon extended to 9 am the following day). Let me get one thing straight right now: I had not been putting it off. I actually did everything except for one small--well, I didn't think at the time that it would take too long--part of the program. Hence you can't blame this one on procrastination.

It was somewhere around 3 am when I realized that I would not be sleeping. By this point I had been working nearly six hours straight (after having worked three earlier Sunday afternoon) and was still getting odd errors the likes of which I had never seen. Now, I could rant about the inadequacies of C++ as a programming language. I could also rant about B-trees, though their implementation is not too bad. But I'd much rather make it known that, after many trials and tribulations, I received a perfect score.

Following a day of falling asleep in my classes, I then finally went to bed at 11 and woke up at 7 the next morning, with my cell phone in my hand*. Yes I was confused. Yes I felt slightly better.
I was still fighting sleep in my Mechanics class today. Probably need to sleep more.

What remains is one day of class and six exams. Three on Saturday starting at 7:45 am. Do wish me luck, I'm pretty sure I'll need it.

Oh, and research will most definitely be interesting.

*I have no recollection of getting a phone call, much less picking up the phone and conversing. Felt like I slept through everything.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

or maybe you were intending to make a phone call, but fell asleep?

poor little gabiesiclesness.

when do you get a break? after saturday?

-kel

Mystal said...

Nah, 'cause then my phone wouldn't have been dead.

Yup, today was my break day. Where are you?? I need to say goodbye...