Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The Rants, They Just Keep Coming

I feel like blogging about nothing and everything. I do have, and have had, four unfinished posts in the works, but those are not time-dependent and can be finished at my leisure.

Now, starting with complaints.

It seems I'm doomed to have lotsa complications to deal with (and none of them the fun kind). Two days ago was my last final exam--statistics, yum!--which meant that that afternoon I would be leaving for home. Problem was the amount of packing I had to accomplish in a three hour period. But, a frustratingly undisclosed amount of time later I was finished and ready to leave! My parents and I hopped into my mom's RAV4* and, following a quick stop at the BP on South Main, proceeded on back to NOVA.

Once home, I began the tedious process of unpacking, which somehow takes multiple days no matter how much or how little I had to unpack. Stopped after getting the basic necessities and slept. Next day--yesterday--I had to get up bright and early to go to the doctor, who happily made money for seven and a quarter minutes with me and for providing a referral. Afterwards a bevy** of phone calls had to be made to surgeons, American Airlines, my dentist, and a few other odd places. Hmm, you know, after interacting with so many receptionists/secretaries I've realized that it would be pretty kickass to have one. *adds to list of things to do* I don't care if my occupation doesn't require one, I will make sure to keep one around. Anyone looking for a job?

Mmm, got off topic again. Sorry. So, lesee.. this Friday I have a four page paper due for this program I'm applying for, still unpacking, and meeting with the general surgeon tomorrow to see when I can get surgery. Oh, and I gotta figure out if--though most likely yes--and when to I will be moving my trip to Puerto Rico. Originally the plan was to leave the fourteenth and return the twenty-ninth, but all that looks like it'll be changing. Yeah..

So, summer just started and it seems as if it might be as busy (and definitely crazier) than the last. Good and bad, just hoping things turn out all right. Oooh, and in mid-August I'll get to start moving into the house we're renting next year. Many fun things in store, just gotta live through these next couple weeks.

Oh, and for those of you wondering, I have a hernia. No, I didn't do anything to get it--that I know of--they can apparently just happen sometimes. But yeah, this has been the undoing of my summer. The wrench in the machine.

I have no clue if that last sentence is even a phrase. *shrug* Ohs wells.


*The one that just so happens to drive like a dream.
**YES! Finally got to use it.

No comments: