Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The Month In Review

My month of May can be summed up week by week:

Week 0: Exams

There were six of them. Public Speaking was online and easy, Statistics was my last and also easy, like Calculus of Several Variables. Computer Organization, Data Structures, and Intermediate Mechanics were all the same day and, respectively, not too bad, easy, and difficult--as expected.

Week 1: Home

With a B-tree project, the six exams, and the epic endeavor that is packing for the summer all behind me, I was finally able to head home. A nice lazy week followed, with the only interruption being the doctor's visit.

Week 2: Puerto Rico to visit Alina

This was awesome, to say the least.

Week 3: Recovering from surgery

I had never had surgery before this point. No wisdom teeth or appendix removed. Not sure if this is a good thing or not.

Anyways, the first couple of days I couldn't walk on my own. And after that walking was pained and only with contorted posture. Unfortunately for me, this was the week that my friends decided to have events requiring physical strain--at least more than I could put up with. As a result, I've yet to have gone to King's Dominion. Grrr.

It's fine, though. I focused on recovering and preparing for the next week to come...

June, Week 0: Back at Tech, working

On Monday, the 2nd, just a week and a half after my surgery, I had to go to work. This involved walking from the dorm that I was staying at to the bus stop, quite a struggle for me--remember, Tech is hilly. More importantly, though, before I could begin work I had to move into the aforementioned dorm. This was a gargantuan task, even with my dad's help, and unfortunately for me, Sahil was mostly busy and Alex was angry at me for a reason I did not know.

Somehow I managed to live through all this, mainly by limping my way around, and in a short month I was back to running and being silly in general (after the surgery, any laughter hurt immensely).

No comments: